Tour, taste and dine
Tour & Taste
Built in 1857, the rich past is reflected in every nook and cranny of our historic building. We’ll take you on a journey where you’ll learn about our history starting in the 1800’s through Prohibition when Al Capone seized control to produce illegal beer and spirits up to the present. You will visit our still-functioning subterranean limestone artesian well as well as our modern distillery production floor where we produce American single malt whiskey, rye whiskey, rum and gin and other fine, small batch spirits.
Tours conclude with a guided tasting. Tours cost $10, are limited to groups of ten people and are 21+. Tour schedule is subject to change. We recommend scheduling your tour in advance here.
Host an Event
Our event hall has the character to make your celebration one to remember. Built as an extension of The Well during its time as Frederick’s Brewing Company, the Distiller’s Hall is both industrial chic and hometown rustic. With original fixtures from the 1950’s with modern touches, the hall is great for festivities of all sorts and sizes. With our limestone bar nearby, the drinks will be always ready.
We offer couples turn-key event packages that will help simplify planning your special day. Our space combines a vintage industrial aesthetic with updated amenities.
Craft a wonderful evening for your associates with one of our cocktail packages. Our expert bartenders will make an assortment of drinks.
Classes available for private groups. Learn how the flavors of a spirit interact with other ingredients. Afterward, enjoy your creations in the company of friends.
Bar & Dining
The Well, Thornton Distilling Company’s Cocktail Bar, Restaurant & Special Event Space
Enjoy a variety of drinks crafted by our bartenders or have a flatbread pizza from our kitchen.
Our patio and indoor seating is now open! We are also still hosting/booking private events. We are all thrilled to be back at it and look forward to seeing your beautiful faces again. Staff & guest health and happiness mean the world to us so we’ve implemented the below safety guidelines per CDC recommendation and State mandate. We hope this will better ensure everyone has the best experience possible during these trying times.
We’ve reduced indoor seating to accommodate for social distancing:
6 indoor bar seats
50 indoor hall seats.
30 outdoor patio seats.
We are allowed to sit groups of up to 10 people.
We’ve moved our lounge into Distiller’s Hall, our large special event space, to create a more comfortable experience. We love it and think you will too.
1. You 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓 have a face mask for each person in your group. Your t-shirt pulled over your face doesn’t count. Once at your table you can remove it. We have masks available for $2 if you forget yours at home.
2. As of yet we do 𝐧𝐨𝐭 accept reservations. Please approach our host stand at the front entrance upon entry. If we are full we will take your name and phone number and politely ask you to go back to your vehicle until we are ready to seat you. Please do not congregate in groups in the parking lot per state guidelines.
3. We will take your temperature (touchless) prior to being sat inside or on our patio. We will ask you a few quick questions to make sure you are feeling healthy and ready to have a good time
4. The front parking spots are limited. Additional free parking is available in the rear municipal parking lot. Or feel free to park on the side streets in designated areas
5. Largest party size allowed is 10 people. Larger groups will be split up into groups of 10. This could cause a seating delay if the divided groups wish to be seated simultaneously
6. We will utilize disposable menus, drinkware, plates, cutlery, and single serving condiment packets
7. It is credit card only. We will not be accepting cash as a form of payment
8. Private parties are now limited to groups of 50 people. All of the above social distancing measures must be followed. Please visit our events page to submit a private event inquiry to book your event in advance. Our event coordinators will go over our new safety guidelines for private events.